I realized today that it’s been a while since I’ve taken a step back to explain (to my own brain and others’) some of the strategic steps that we’re taking to tackle web literacy beyond me occasionally posting “blahblahblah” (or something close there-to) on this blog.
Here’s just some of the stuff we’re working on:
- Hosting a couple of instructor/teacher conferences (details to follow in a few days)
- Hosting a pop-up in London (May 12th)
- Helping some folks host pop-ups in their own cities
Giving others the tools to spread the love; building a community
- Launching an event kit
- Figuring out what an instructor community site would look like
- Designing a kitchen-table-sized event
- Working on easy-to-follow instructions/missions for some of our existing offerings
- Centering some momentum around the day of action in the summer
- Planning for the Mozilla Festival in Nov
Working on tools to facilitate webmaking
If you’re interested in learning more about any of these things, everyone is always welcome at our weekly webmaker call.